First, confirm that you meet the conditions for a claim:
- Try to determine if your penalty and/or interest is due to a calculation error. You might be able to find discrepancies by comparing the line numbers and their corresponding values on the PDF copy of your tax return that you saved after you filed using TurboTax to the numbers you got from a different tax preparation method.
- You must submit your claim within 30 days of the date of your tax return assessment by CRA.
- TurboTax Business Incorporated is excluded from this guarantee.
- Calculation errors due to errors in Canada Revenue Agency tables are not covered by this guarantee.
Next, prepare your claim submission:
- If you used the CD/download edition of TurboTax, ensure that you've registered your copy of TurboTax with us.
- Have the following information/documents available:
- Name, address, and daytime phone number.
- Your TurboTax store sales receipt, purchase confirmation email, or shipment packing slip.
- Proof of payment for another tax preparation method (if applicable).
- Copy of the tax return prepared with TurboTax.
- Copy of the tax return prepared with another tax preparation method.
- Copy of your CRA and/or Quebec Notice of Reassessment
Finally, complete the steps below:
- Go to TurboTax Contact Us page.
- Follow the prompts and enter your information. Once you've entered your information, a phone number and an incident ID will appear.
- Make a note of your incident ID.
- Call the number provided. A qualified agent will process your claim.
Note: When processing your claim request, we might need a copy of your TurboTax data file.
Important: Keep copies of any documents you share with us.
It may take up to eight weeks to process your request and deliver your cheque. If after eight weeks you have not received your cheque, contact us.