First, confirm that you meet the conditions for a claim:
- You must submit your claim within 60 days of your TurboTax purchase date, but no later than May 31, 2018 (For TurboTax Self-Employed, TurboTax Home & Business, and TurboTax 20, the deadline is July 15, 2018).
- This guarantee cannot be combined with the TurboTax 100% Satisfaction (Easy) Guarantee.
- The larger refund or smaller balance owing cannot be attributed to variations in data you provided to the other tax preparation method, or to positions taken by you or your preparer that are contrary to the law.
- TurboTax Business Incorporated is excluded from this guarantee.
- The cost of optional add-on services like Audit Defence and ProReview are non-refundable.
Next, prepare your claim submission:
- If you used the CD/download edition of TurboTax, ensure that you've registered your copy of TurboTax with us.
- Have the following information/documents available:
- Name, address, and daytime phone number.
- Your TurboTax store sales receipt, purchase confirmation email, or shipment packing slip.
- Proof of payment for another tax preparation method (if applicable).
- Copy of the tax return prepared with TurboTax.
- Copy of the tax return prepared with another tax preparation method.
Finally, complete the steps below:
- Go to TurboTax Contact Us page.
- Follow the prompts and enter your information. Once you've entered your information, a phone number and an incident ID will appear.
- Make a note of your incident ID.
- Call the number provided. A qualified agent will process your claim.
Alternatively, you can send your refund request and supporting documents within 60 days of purchase to the following address:
Intuit Canada Returns Attention: Maximum Refund Guarantee 5100 Spectrum Way Mississauga, ON L4W 5S2
Note: When processing your claim request, we might need a copy of your TurboTax data file.
Important: Keep copies of any documents you share with us.
It may take up to eight weeks to process your request and deliver your cheque. If after eight weeks you have not received your cheque, contact us.