CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenfar
Returning Member

Abort a Refile (desktop version)

I have the desktop version of Turbotax - I did the netfile a couple weeks ago, but my employer messed up my T4. So I have to go in and do a Refile. Unfortunately I apparently messed up the process ... I gather (now) that I'm supposed to start the Refile process THEN make my changes. I made my changes first ...

So now when I go to Refile, it tells me there's no changes. Not sure if I should just 'Refile' that, but I'm assuming it wouldn't send the right data to CRA.

What I want to do is abort the Refile, revert my changes - then start the Refile process over again (in the right order this time). But I can't find anyway to do that!

2 Replies
SylL
Returning Member

The refile is treated like a separate return.  You can delete it by clicking the trash can.  Go back to the original file and click the refile button which appears beside the name of the file.  When you do that it creates a separate return.  Click copy and it brings all current information in then make t he changes

glenfar
Returning Member

Are you sure you're talking about the desktop version? I've see that suggestion before for the online version, but on the desktop version I don't see a trash can, and I certainly don't see that it created a separate return.

v