Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to Netfile as of March 1 after Feb 28 update.

Form updates were completed by the CRA on Feb 12/19! They should have been done in your application shortly after! Users having to wait until March 15th is totally unacceptable. This software has gotten less useful over the past few years, will be looking for a new product to use next year!
WesHab

I agree.  Communications from Intuit have been nill.  They like to send out email sniffing for money each year but do nothing if there is an issue.  Very disappointed.

In a moment of (ahem) inspiration I uninstalled the 2018 program for 20 returns on my computer and downloaded & reinstalled the same program from Intuit.  Amazingly that action cured my printing problems immediately.  I successfully tested printing on two returns however I have yet to Net-file either of these due to final confirmation with the taxpayers to ensure that they have nothing more to disclose or add to their T1 2018. It is my untrained opinion that somethings in the program's update method did not update properly at least on my Windows 10 newer computer.

There are many other Canadian tax software providers  ...... check these out for you next years tax preparation:
AdvTax
EachTax
GenuTax
H&Rblock
SimpleTax
StudioTax
UFileFREE
kjckan1

And don't forget 'TaxFreeway'   .... $10   for  20 returns (free if under 20K) .... tried it for this year last weekend. Even on Sunday they responded by email in 2 hours to a question. Found a mistake i made in TurboTax  .... definitely my last year. Friends swear by uFile .... $22 for 4 returns (4 more if under 20K). Go for it.

How do I go about getting a refund for TurboTax?  I'm not prepared to wait until "middle of March", which will likely turn into end of March.

kjckan1

Thanks for that. Already filled out a TaxFreeway return to test it. Might just use it. Cheers.

Mid-March is an unacceptable answer to software that should be ready by March 1st. Given CRA form updates were available February 12th I have to agree with all comments - I will be going elsewhere next year. Can't ask for a refund from Turbo Tax for this year as I was able to file my spouse's return but mine is hung up due to Capital Gains form even though there is nothing to file for the current year.  Get on it Turbo Tax and make sure you have updated messages when people log into your site! Far better you acknowledge a problem up front than have people commenting in the background.

A user within the community has posted an Intuit employee’s email address in the forum.  Per our Community terms of use, we have removed this personal information. Some forms this year have been later than normal.  Please know we are working as quickly as possible as we want to ensure that our TurboTax product is released with quality. Please continue follow this thread and we’ll make sure to update as soon as more information is available.