Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disappointment-
Returning Member

Can you help remove a Northern Resident deduction, if I entered skip but Turbo Tax entered an amount?

3 Replies

Can you help remove a Northern Resident deduction, if I entered skip but Turbo Tax entered an amount?

To remove the northern resident deduction, you need to clear the info you entered in the sections. 

Please follow this:

• You will find this entry under the Deductions tab> Other Deductions> Northern Residents Deduction to make changes to your entry, then remove all the entries manually. 

If these instructions do not work for you and you need further assistance, please reach out to us directly through Social Media or contact our Customer Support Team. 

Contact us 

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Carr-Hall

Your contact Us button is not working. I can not manually remove the Northern Residents deduction amount that I skipped but Turbo Tax entered. How can I get rid of it?

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.