Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrying Over Tuition Amounts From Ontario to Quebec

Hi,

I file my taxes every year with TurboTax.

I go to school in Ontario and I lived and went to school in Ontario from 2015-2017 and filed my taxes for Ontario. In 2018 however, I lived in Quebec, so I filed taxes for Quebec. 

On my 2015-2017 NOAs from the CRA, I can see that I have unused tuition amounts. 

I ended up owing some money to Quebec in  2018, but I was advised to take the tuition amounts from my T2202As from 2015-2017 in Ontario and put them into the Schedule T for Quebec through an amendment of my Quebec 2018 return. 

My question is: what lines do I need to take from my Federal/Provincial NOAs for Ontario to put into the schedule T for Quebec for 2018? 

I called Rev Quebec and they said I need to mail them the requirement for adjustment form (TP-1.R-V) along with my NOAs from Rev Canada and my T2202As.

1 Reply

Carrying Over Tuition Amounts From Ontario to Quebec

You will use the amount from line 8 of your Schedule ON(S11) 2017 form as carrying forward amount from previous years in your 2018 Schedule T form.

The prescribed adjustment forms and contact information to join the CRA and Revenu Quebec are available on their web sites, from the links below :