Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neda_D

How can I remove unnecessary dependents boxes in Setting Up? It won't respond to me clicking "Remove" on the Dependents Information section.

4 Replies

How can I remove unnecessary dependents boxes in Setting Up? It won't respond to me clicking "Remove" on the Dependents Information section.

Yes, you should be able to. What happens (exactly) when you try?

Agreed. I've passed the recommendation on to our development team to resolve this in an upcoming release.

Thank you!
Neda_D

Clicking on 'Remove' showed a loading symbol as if something was happening, then the page refreshed and the dependent was still there.

I figured out what was going on, though: the extra dependents had no names or birth dates. I made up some values to fill in those fields and then the 'Remove' worked. Note: NO dependents could be deleted, even valid ones, until ALL dependents had all their values filled in.

Seems like a bug to me. Remove should work even on dependents with empty fields.

Agreed. I've passed the recommendation on to our development team to resolve this in an upcoming release.

Thank you!