Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lxlmlxx

CRA says that I said yes to hold my refund for 2019 installments and as far as I am concerned I did not. CRA said to check with TurboTax where in Software this was asked?

The only thing I see in the software is the question Do you want to set up or change your direct deposit with CRA. The choices are: Yes, I want to set up or change my direct deposit info.   No, I don't use direct deposit or my direct deposit info hasn't changed. Then, No was the best choice suited for my situation. as i always keep direct deposit is the only way in my CRA account. But, it turns out my refund was held and not put to the Direct Deposit. I want to make sure this does not happen next year. 

2 Replies

CRA says that I said yes to hold my refund for 2019 installments and as far as I am concerned I did not. CRA said to check with TurboTax where in Software this was asked?

We're sorry for the inconvenience.  We investigated and found that the option to transfer your refund to your 2019 instalment account is found on the NETFILE Worksheet. The only way to set this option is to navigate to the NETFILE Worksheet while in Forms Mode. There is no way to set this option from the EasyStep Interview.

We've also confirmed that this option doesn't carry forward from your prior year return.

Is it possible that you had this option set for the 2017 tax year with the CRA and they carried forward the option for you automatically? Our tax experts recommend that you confirm with them and notify them that you do not want this option going forward.

lxlmlxx

I never set this option in my previous year.i totally use the interview mode to file my tax, no doubt. It is your system bug. Please check it !!!!