Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Do I report GST/HST entitlement on US taxes?


My kid is a college student in Quebec who used to file their CRA and Quebec taxes. They get the standard $299 GST/HST entitlement amount due to low self-employment income. The student is a US citizen (and Canadian resident) who needs to file US taxes as well. Where is this GST/HST entitlement reported for US taxes? Does it adjust the foreign taxes paid, or count as "other income" on the self-employment section? Or? Otherwise, they have about $300 Quebec Revenu taxes to report as foreign tax credit, and zero CRA taxes.   Thanks. 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.