Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdsherw

I have already sent in my incorrect tax return via turboTax via net file and I had not included 2 T5s and some char. donations. How can I correct my return and resend.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have already sent in my incorrect tax return via turboTax via net file and I had not included 2 T5s and some char. donations. How can I correct my return and resend.

Do not resend a 2014 return, either by mail or NetFile.
Wait until your present return is assessed.
Then file a T1-adj. For the changed items. Include copies of all T5 slips being added, and receipts for the additional charitable donations you are claiming.

If you have My Account for CRA you may also use the Change My 2014 Return feature, however wait until you are assessed before you do this.

CRA will process the changes and send you a Notice of Reassessment, together with any addional rebate or request for payment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Do not resend a 2014 return, either by mail or NetFile.
Wait until your present return is assessed.
Then file a T1-adj. For the changed items. Include copies of all T5 slips being added, and receipts for the additional charitable donations you are claiming.

If you have My Account for CRA you may also use the Change My 2014 Return feature, however wait until you are assessed before you do this.

CRA will process the changes and send you a Notice of Reassessment, together with any addional rebate or request for payment.
kdsherw

Thanks!  Just to be clarify how do I know I have been assessed _ is that after my refund is deposited?

Here's some additional information:

You already filed your tax return, it was accepted by the CRA, and now you received additional forms or tax information or you need to correct something.

If so, you need to amend the tax return you already filed. First, be sure the return was accepted by the CRA, and do not change the return you already filed. Amended returns must be filed on a new form called T1-ADJ, T1 Adjustment Request.

Follow these steps:

1. Check that the CRA received your return
  2. Follow these instructions to amend your return