Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanami2419
Returning Member

First time tax filing. I am unable to set up Direct deposit info. Do I need to print and email my tax returns or if I go ahead without DD , CRA would mail me a cheque?

12 Replies
TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

First time tax filing. I am unable to set up Direct deposit info. Do I need to print and email my tax returns or if I go ahead without DD , CRA would mail me a cheque?

You Neftfile without your Direct Deposite information but you can call CRA at 1800959-8281 to set it up before they issue the refund:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/direct-deposit.html

I hope this was helpful

amanami2419
Returning Member

Thanks for your reply. Actually as this is my first time filing, so I dont have a CRA account either. I can only register for a CRA account once I have filed the taxes and they will send me the registration key. So just to confirm, I should do Netfile and then call CRA with my recent information to update the direct deposit information in the system?

Also, if for some reason I am not able to reach CRA call centers due to current Covid situation, will they issue me a cheque on my given mailing address or will they wait for me to update the Direct deposit information on the CRA account.

If this is your first year filing an income tax return - you do not qualify to submit your return using Netfile- You can still use TurboTax but print & Mail your return when done. By filing your return this year, you will then have a file with the Canada Revenue Agency which will allow you to Netfile next year. 

The forms you will need will be printed automatically for you when you click on "Print to Mail". You will continue until you get to the page that says would you like to NetFile or Print to Mail your return. This is where you will choose print to mail and you will notice a barcode on the first page which contains the tax information from your T1 tax form and the other supporting forms that were used to calculate your return, in a format that CRA's computers can read.

When you print your return to mail it to CRA, not all your forms are printed. Instead, they're "condensed" in the barcodes. This allows CRA to process your return faster and with greater accuracy.

There are some circumstances where a barcode won't print on your return. If a barcode doesn't print, don't worry. Simply mail in what did print out. Because CRA does not have your information as of yet, they will send you a cheque by mail if you have a refund due.

When you choose to "Print to Mail" you will print out your return and send it by mail through Canada Post to the CRA office appointed to you depending on which Province and city you live in.

This is the information from CRA on how to provide them with your direct deposit.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

vamsi92
Returning Member

I am a First-time tax filler. and the system allowed me to NETFILE CRA, And I even got the confirmation. Now I am able to register for CRA but whenever I log in to the account and enter SIN, it gives me ERR.210. I also tried to download the print and mail option. but the pdf has Duplicate- Do not send by mail. Now I am confused. Please help

If you are using TurboTax Online, select File > Filing Hub from the left side menu. Then click on "Print & Mail your return(s)" to go to a page where you can download a special version of your return to print off and mail.

If you are having problems with CRA MY Account, you will need to contact them for assistance. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency

vamsi92
Returning Member

I tried that, I clicked on Open a PDF of your federal return for printing and it gave me a pdf copy. but that pdf has "Duplicate- Do not send by mail". 

@vamsi92 If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

vamsi92
Returning Member

Hi. My issue was resolved. Thank you

Solognuk

If I make few T1 under one TurboTax online account and mail it are the QR codes printed on the T1 affects or related the returns each to another?