Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, i separated but system ask me his information

i complete it and submit, only on archive form see what his info need only if we are married or common-law,how can i remove his info from my tax return form? need i do it? also i am not sure what already submit form, how can i know if form was submitted?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

As you were together for part of the year, you are still required to include your ex's SIN, and also required to report his income for the part of 2015 that you were together.  If you separate in May, and your ex had earned $15,000 to that point, and then the remainder of the year earned $45,000, you only need to report that your ex earned $15,000 on your tax return as that is the income that applies to the period you were together.

As to not being sure that you netfiled your tax return...you would have received a netfile confirmation code when you did.  If you are not sure, you can contact CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to verify that your return has been received.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

As you were together for part of the year, you are still required to include your ex's SIN, and also required to report his income for the part of 2015 that you were together.  If you separate in May, and your ex had earned $15,000 to that point, and then the remainder of the year earned $45,000, you only need to report that your ex earned $15,000 on your tax return as that is the income that applies to the period you were together.

As to not being sure that you netfiled your tax return...you would have received a netfile confirmation code when you did.  If you are not sure, you can contact CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to verify that your return has been received.