Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
If you are using the CD/download version of TurboTax and you're getting a TT805 error, please read

this message

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I claim RSP Deductions made in the first 60 days of 2014 on my 2014 return. There isn't an option on the software.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I claim RSP Deductions made in the first 60 days of 2014 on my 2014 return. There isn't an option on the software.

1. On the second page of the "What happened for you in 2014" section, you will need to check Yes for the question: Did you have any RRSP, PRPP, other retirement plan, Home Buyers Plan (HBP), Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP), or LSVCC share information to enter?
  2. Check the box for I made RRSP contributions between March 2014 and February 2015.
  3. Click Continue to finish the rest of the Profile section.
  4. Continue through the screens until you reach the RRSPS section of the return.
  5. Enter your RRSP contributions on the page titled RRSP Contribution (select the Contribution Period from the drop-down).
  6. If you need to enter a new RRSP slip, click Enter new RRSP for (NAME). If you are finished, click Done with RRSPs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

1. On the second page of the "What happened for you in 2014" section, you will need to check Yes for the question: Did you have any RRSP, PRPP, other retirement plan, Home Buyers Plan (HBP), Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP), or LSVCC share information to enter?
  2. Check the box for I made RRSP contributions between March 2014 and February 2015.
  3. Click Continue to finish the rest of the Profile section.
  4. Continue through the screens until you reach the RRSPS section of the return.
  5. Enter your RRSP contributions on the page titled RRSP Contribution (select the Contribution Period from the drop-down).
  6. If you need to enter a new RRSP slip, click Enter new RRSP for (NAME). If you are finished, click Done with RRSPs.

View solution in original post

For the "Standard" version of TurboTax, there is no drop-down menu to enter the Contribution Period.  Current version of the online software does not provide this option.  Please fix it!

When I reach step 5 of the above, I do not see a drop down to enter the period of contribution?  I want to make sure the contributions show for the first 60 days of 2014.

Include these amounts in your contribution for the remainder of 2014, assuming you did not claim these in your 2013 return.
If you will as a result exceed your 2014 Deduction Limit Amount A by more than $2000, you should file a T1-OVS and withdraw any over contributed amount.