Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jozalu1

How do i delete an incorrect entry in income? I originally reported an item in other income, but when I try to remove it, the box doesn't exist.

1 Reply

How do i delete an incorrect entry in income? I originally reported an item in other income, but when I try to remove it, the box doesn't exist.

You will need to find the location of the data you provided. It is important not to remove a check mark from a  box that may have been used previously as this does not remove data but simply hides the entry field. Try to search under the "Income" tab > "Other Income Sources" and "Income not reported on a T-slip". You may be able to locate the data entry there. Review the line number in the detailed summary screen (see below) for clues as to the source of the data entry.

You can find a detailed summary of your tax return under the "Review" tab > "Bottom Line (tax summaries)"> then look for the paper and magnifying icon in the lower left hand corner, select "Detailed Tax Summary". You will have a line by line sample of the Federal Tax Return.