Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchrlygrl

How do I make the application that is doing my taxes let me claim the bc sales tax. i tick all the right boxes yet it wont claim it

1 Reply

How do I make the application that is doing my taxes let me claim the bc sales tax. i tick all the right boxes yet it wont claim it

Please read the following to make sure that you qualify for the BC tax credit-

Under the "Provincial" tab > "Provincial Tax Credit Profile" > place a checkmark for the BC Sales Tax Credit. Add any additional qualifying BC credits and Continue through the provincial section providing requested information as applicable.

You're eligible to claim the sales tax credit for a tax year if you were a resident of B.C. on December 31 of the tax year and you:

• were 19 years of age or older, or
  • had a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • were a parent.

For 2013 and later years, you can claim up to $75 for yourself and $75 for your cohabiting spouse or common-law partner.

If you're single, the credit is reduced by 2% of your net income over $15,000. If you have a cohabiting spouse or common-law partner, the credit is reduced by 2% of your family net income over $18,000.

*You can't claim this credit if you were confined to a prison or similar institution as of December 31 and were there for more than six months of the tax year.