Thanks for your question. If you click on “my info” on the left, you will see drop-down lists. Please click on “Dependents information” and you will have an option to add or remove the desired dependent manually. By clicking on delete or add, you can add or remove the desired dependents.
We're glad to guide you. In order to remove your dependents from your return, please follow the instructions below if you're using TurboTax Online:
- After completing or when you're able to see the easy step panel to the left, click on the "Summary" for "My Info".
- You'll see the "dependents" part of your summary and the "edit" option besides.
- Click on "Edit", and after the names of your dependents click on the "Edit/Remove" icon.
- Here you can Edit, Remove, or can Add either more dependents.
- While on the screen: Do you have children or financially support another person? you will need to change your answer to NO, I don't.
Thank you for using TurboTax.