Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit my wife's tax return. I have already submitted mine and we did split income so I need to submit her's as well. I thought they would just go together

1 Reply

How to submit my wife's tax return. I have already submitted mine and we did split income so I need to submit her's as well. I thought they would just go together

What happens often when preparing spousal returns together, is only one of the returns actually gets NetFiled. 

If you prepared your returns together and only one was successfully NetFiled, you'll need to go back into the tax return, start at the Review section, address any Warnings and Errors, then continue through to file your spouse's tax return.

You should receive a separate NetFile Confirmation Number for this tax return. Take note that CRA will not be accepting any NetFile transmissions as of 11:00 pm EST on January 22nd, 2021.

The annual closure to convert the CRA systems for the 2020 tax filing season will reopen on February 22, 2021. 

To contact a phone support agent, follow the instructions found in the following link:  Contact TurboTax Support