Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lndozois

I can't netfile my wife's return because of this error: " Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. How to I fix this?

5 Replies

I can't netfile my wife's return because of this error: " Your spouse/partner's income for the year is required to properly calculate your tax return. How to I fix this?

When using TurboTax Standard, click on the heading titled Setting Up and scroll down to additional information about your spouse.  You will then be able to enter your spouse's income and then proceed with NETFILING the income tax return.

SB8

There is no "setting up", but I'd sure love to find this page since the netfile fix doesn't take me anywhere near it.
ronnie99

I am having exactly the same problem, the information is there. Turbo tax just doesn't see it.
ronnie99

Yes. Stupid TT updates.
Go to the T! Form. click where the amount is under Spouse. It will bring you to the Worksheet. Look for Net income is Zero. click YES. it's in the first section and the second section. After doing this I could netfile. Their income is NOT in that section in easy step.
Alex32

Thanks ronnie99. It worked for me too.
For those who has a similar TT issue when your spouse has zero income: After you clicked on the income amount under Spouse section in T1 Form it will bring you to the Worksheet. The item to look for: "Is your spouse or common-law partner's net income zero". If you have No checked, then you are affected by this TT defect. Click Yes checkbox to make it checked and save the form.