You have to wait until you receive your Notice of Assessment before you can adjust your return.
If you Netfiled your return, it usually takes around two weeks to receive your Notice of Assessment. However, considering the current lockdown and reduced personnel working in CRA, it might take longer.
If you printed your return and mailed it to CRA, it will take a minimum of four weeks to process your return from the day they receive it.
When you receive your Notice of Assessment, you can either sign into your online "My Account" page:
- on the main page, you will see a message regarding your tax return and under the message click on the blue box "change my return"
- click n "next" on the next two pages
- on the main screen, type the word in the search box then click search
- from the given options --> choose the line you want to change
- enter the new amount
- at the bottom of the screen review, the changes --> then submit
If you don't have "My account with CRA", you can submit a T1-Adjustment request to CRA by mail using the PDF in this link:
I hope this was helpful
We at TurboTax want to encourage you and your close family to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Please review the articles provided below for more information during these difficult times:
What to know about COVID-19 and Your Taxes.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
COVID-19: Tax Info Centre
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
I have received my Notice of Assessment and due to an error in my return of Pension Received (CCP), I had unused credits, this decreased my return, now would like to report these unused credits Medical and Donations to receive amount which my return was decreased.