turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I Need a Copy of My 2020 Tax Return

Hello! Please help! I need a copy of my 2020 Tax Return that I submitted through TurboTax earlier this year. When I go to my profile in TurboTax and click "download return" it gives me instructions of how to submit a return even though my federal and state returns have been accepted already. 

All I need is a copy of my 2020 Tax Return for my records. How can I obtain one? I don't want to go through the IRS because I've paid TurboTax for a service. I've used you before and it's been great! And yes, I've tried using multiple browsers, different computers (Mac and PC), and nothing is working. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

228 Replies

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

tomslats1

I need copy's of my 2020 return.

@tomslats1 wrote:

I need copy's of my 2020 return.

Since tax year 2020 will not conclude until after 12/31/2020 you need a copy of the 2019 tax return.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

King4321

How can I get a copy of my taxes and was they expected

kvdate123

I need  a copy of my 2020 tax return.  I cant file it or get my refund from oklahoma with out filing it.  i look online and my 2017 is there.  thats all.  I understand that you did not send my 2018 or 2019 to IRS.

Please mail me a copy at the following address [PII Removed]

@kvdate123   This is a public website.  Please remove your name and address.  Click on the 3 dots in the upper right of your message and Edit the message.

The TurboTax Moderator has been notified to also remove your personal information.

TurboTax cannot email or email your tax returns to you.  You can download a PDF of your tax returns yourself.

Tax year 2020 cannot be filed until after 12/31/2020.

If you have not yet filed your 2019 tax return, then return your your online account and e-file the return.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.  Click on File

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To access your prior year tax returns -

You have to sign onto your prior year online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your prior year account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

BANorthup

I worked with Mary B yesterday to do my taxes, case no [social security number removed]. I would like a copy of this.  Thank you.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, we are not able to get a copy of your interaction in this forum.  It appears that you are using TurboTax Live and you must call back into the Live agent to get that request taken care of.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I used Turbo Tax yesterday to file my 2020 returns.  I need a copy of the returns for my files.  How do I print them?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the step below to print a tax return you filed this year (tax year 2020):

1. Sign into TurboTax if you haven't already.
  2. On the Tax Home screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2020 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.

Also, you can use this TurboTax FAQ to access a prior year's tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

To obtain a free federal tax return transcript from the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

mvbozman

I need a copy of my 2020 return.

[PII Removed]

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online? for more instructions on printing your 2020 return. 

@mvbozman

Ella0703

I need a copy of my 2020 return filed jointly by my spouse 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Ella0703 See this link here for instructions on how to get a copy of your tax return for you to view.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies