Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work as self employed, my spouse works full time. Should we file together? It's also charging both of us self employed filing rates if I file together (recommended)

1 Reply

I work as self employed, my spouse works full time. Should we file together? It's also charging both of us self employed filing rates if I file together (recommended)

Yes, it is recommended to file together. You will be charged for 2 returns regardless as you will need to file them separately- even if completing a joint return.

To help, TurboTax offers coupled returns starting from TurboTax Standard products which are prepared simultaneously. All TurboTax programs prompt you to enter information about you and your spouse, and while entering the information, the tax software crunches the numbers and decides who benefits from which credits, optimizing your returns to minimize your overall taxes owed, and maximize refunds and tax credits where possible.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us