Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint return starts with asking for my spouses information first. She is not here and I want to get started, how to switch to my info first?

3 Replies

Joint return starts with asking for my spouses information first. She is not here and I want to get started, how to switch to my info first?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Turbotax online

When preparing a joint return in TurboTax Online, you'll switch between the spouses as you go through the different sections of the return So, even if you by-pass this current section, you might get stuck again if you don't have your wife's information.

That having been said, you can put dummy information in for now to continue forward, but then you *have* to make sure that you go back and put in the correct information before either of you file your returns.