Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My uncle passed and his spouse received His T4RRif..It was issued to her, where does it go? is it deducted on another line?

the T4Rrif was transferred to my aunt when my uncle passed in 2017..a slip was issued to her..when doing her taxes she claimed it but was under the impression because it was a transfer that it was a deduction as well..she is being heavily taxed because she has received this and the program isnt claiming the deduction..if there is one..HELP

6 Replies

My uncle passed and his spouse received His T4RRif..It was issued to her, where does it go? is it deducted on another line?

In prior years, did you uncle slip his T4RIF with your aunt?

As far as I know it was solely in his name..he only started to receive payments for about a year ,he was 72 when he passed..

Does she have an RRSP contribution slip or letter about the transfer?

Im going to see her tomorrow..i hope so!! I will ask her..thx

I have same issue for a friend but she was under the impression that because it was transferred to a RRIF in her name she would not have to pay taxes on it. Am I doing something wrong.

There should be an RRSP contribution receipt or letter stating the transfer. If so, enter the RRSP contribution as a regular RRSP and indicate it is an eligible transfer.