Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife and I filed a joint return but I was not given a joint file like I imported from 2017, only individual return files. Why is this?

5 Replies

My wife and I filed a joint return but I was not given a joint file like I imported from 2017, only individual return files. Why is this?

When you prepare your return with your spouse, within TurboTax it will appear as one file. But there is no “joint filing” in Canada like some other countries have. Each return is sent separately to the CRA, and they consider each return as being for an “individual”.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok this answer does not help get the information on Turbotax..

Maybe the question should be how do you get to use autofill to download documents From CRA for both parties on the joint Turbotax filing

david244

This is fine but since i filled  jI have checked with CRA and they have received a notice of assesment for my account but  they don't have any record for my wife

david244

OK but Turbo tax billed me fo 2 files so I was wondering if they submitted both mine and my wife's

@david244 Did you get a NETFILE confirmation number for your wife? If you did not, then her return was not filed with NETFILE.  

NETFILE is a free service provided by the CRA. The price you pay for TurboTax is to use the software, not to NETFILE.