Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do a 2019 Refile using Turbotax online?

I can no longer sign in to my 2019 return to do a refile. TurboTax documentation says 2017 is the cutoff year for refile.
3 Replies

If you used Netfile, you should be able to Refile your 2019 return. Please see our TurboTax FAQs below for guidance. 

Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?

Where do I find a copy of my filed return in TurboTax Online?

I've filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?

If more assistance is needed, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I spent some time on the telephone with TurboTax support. Refile for 2019 and prior years is not supported. 

It is disappointing that

(1) There is no explicit statement on the website that 2019 online is no longer accessible. 

(2) The website still makes it appear that it is accessible 

(3) Support staff have not been briefed on the change as the person I spoke with thought 2019 was still accessible. 

This is the easiest way to change your return. 

Sign in to your CRA My Account and click where it says “Change my return”. After selecting the tax year and line that needs to be changed, you can input the correct information to submit your changes.

TIP: Once you submit an adjustment request online, you can’t submit another one until the first one has been finalized. You’re allowed to make multiple adjustments all on one request, so try to have all your information ready.

Restrictions: You can only use CRA My Account to submit certain types of changes to your tax return. For more details, visit the conditions and exclusions for using Change my return on the CRA website. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.