Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toke008

Can I do my taxes again? Because I think I messed up

4 Replies

If you did not finish and submit your tax return, you could still change your tax return anytime before you submit it.

However, if you already submitted your tax return, you could refile your return with TurboTax online software or TurboTax desktop version by filling an adjustment. Please note that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), requires that you wait until you’ve received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. Please see this link below to get more instructions about how to fill an adjustment tax return. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-... 

If you did not file your return online, you can use Change my return (CMR) which is a secure My Account service that allows you to make an online adjustment. Otherwise, you will have to mail a paper Form T1-ADJ, T1 Adjustment Request, to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

However, there are some exclusions when you refile your return. That's why we would like to suggest you go to the CRA website to verify before you start filling an adjustment tax return with TurboTax. The link below from the CRA website will provide you more details. 

ReFILE: Online adjustments for income tax and benefit returns.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

aj0356

It's been 2 months since I filed my taxes and I have not received my refund or a letter from the IRS so what do I do 

I am so confused.   I did not get to finish my tax return.  Please help

We would need more information to help you. Please see the links below for additional guidance.

TurboTax FAQ How do I delete info I’ve entered into TurboTax Online?

TurboTax FAQ/video In TurboTax Online, how do I submit my tax return to the CRA using NETFILE? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.