turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I transfer money from my turbo tax prepaid card to my bank account

I would. The card is a joke. They are clearly violating UDAAP by not  CLEARLY disclosing you will not be able to transfer funds to your bank account.

Apparently you are not familiar with UDAAP. Disclosures must be clear and conspicuous. You can’t heavily advertise the ease at which you can get your refund and then in fine print disclose you can only get $300 day through the ATM and can’t transfer it off the card. It is the very definition of “deceptive”. The fact there are so many posts about it here and elsewhere are proof that it was a reasonable assumption we could get our money off the card. If you are their lawyer you failed to read the laws.

All prepaid debit cards have the same rules and regulations  that follow the applicable  federal laws.  I am not an attorney and don't work for TT however I am sure that they have all their ducks in a row since this has been offered for more than 10 years. 

KGoshorn

You can use the card to pay bills with the account number or debit card online or shop online instead ...

Summey82

How did you transfer money from regular bank acct to your turbo card exactly?  Can you walk me through it? 

Summey82

I agree. I personally have not had a problem with this card. I mean every bank has atm withdrawal limits not just this one so i dont know why people act so hurt by it.

@Summey82 No one in this user forum can access your Visa account or help with it. 

For help with your pre-paid Visa card: 

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

LOST CARD

Ignore the prompt asking for your card number.  Choose #1 for lost, stolen, or cards never received, then choose #2, enter SS# if prompted and continue following the instructions.

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

People don't read then yell and scream and want customer service whole time you signed up for this!

Repost# Other than the marketing perspective of having the Turbotax name on the card for brand recognition they have nothing to do with the day to day workings of the Green Dot Card

TurboTax chose to put their name and reputation on it and advertise it to us. They also make money off it’s use. To not hold them responsible at all is ridiculous.

@Summey82  I’m guessing because they make it really hard and inconvenient to get all of your tax refund and people need their money and don’t like being inconvenienced over and over again. Yeah, pretty sure that’s it. 

Green Dot and Turbo Tax should be investigated by the CFPB for UDAAP violations. 

@Critter-3  You’re sure TT and Green Dot have all their ducks in a row because they’ve been offering it for 10 years? Ha! If that were the case then only brand new banks would get in trouble with regulators and the DOJ. I guess someone forgot to tell Wells Fargo. 

Can I transfer money from my TurboTax to Chime

@Woods Liza 

No one in this user forum can access your Visa account or help with it. 

For help with your pre-paid Visa card: 

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

LOST CARD

Ignore the prompt asking for your card number.  Choose #1 for lost, stolen, or cards never received, then choose #2, enter SS# if prompted and continue following the instructions.

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Rachoo24

You can go to the bank I don’t know about all banks you’ll have to check with that. But I was able to go chase and I don’t have an account with them. I went there and withdrew 5K with no problem. Do not waste all that atm fees that’s ridiculousl.

How were u able to do this with a lost card?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies