Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ybahsoun

Can you please help - error code 17 CRA has already received my 2022 tax returns but I never submitted them

1 Reply

Can you please help - error code 17 CRA has already received my 2022 tax returns but I never submitted them

Error code 17 is related to a problem with the transmission of tax return information to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This error code usually appears when the CRA's records show that they have already received a tax return for a particular social insurance number (SIN), even though the taxpayer claims they have not submitted their return.

If you are receiving this error code, it may be because someone else has submitted a tax return using your SIN without your knowledge or consent. 

To resolve this issue, you should contact the CRA directly at 1-800-959-8281. They will be able to investigate the matter and determine why they are showing that they have already received your tax return. They may ask you to provide additional information to verify your identity and confirm that you are the rightful owner of the SIN. You may also need to provide documentation to support your claim that you did not submit a tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.