Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maureen15
Returning Member

On my return the northern residents additional deduction is listed under deductions. I did not claim that. How do I get rid of it?

I called that number. More than once. Could not get a real person and every time all they did was send me a text to this thread-- which does not solve the problem.

I solved it eventually, BY DECIDING NEVER TO USE TURBOTAX AGAIN, for my personal returns. Also, I had to pay interest because this issue caused me to file late.

I found a much easier solution to turbotax, one where I can actually see the forms, doesn't ask me dozens of irrelevant questions, over and over, (which the software should know are irrelevant based on my previous answers), does not include surprise amounts I cannot get rid of, and does not try to trick me into up-selling their useless audit and review services at every turn. (It is shameful how the "automatic" choice for every one of your up-sells is to choose yes. Shameful given how many less knowledgable people use this software.)

Average time to do my taxes using Turbox tax => 4-6 hours. Time to do my taxes this year, using different software (and needing to input all my personal info again, due to switching platforms) 30 mins.
You have lost a previously loyal customer.
Looking for alternatives to quickbooks for my corporation now, too.