Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with TurboTax in accuracy, performance and customer service

After I filed:

Why is the balance owing on my Notice of Assessment different from what TurboTax calculated?

TurboTax said I was getting a refund of $552.32 and CRA said I needed to pay $373.46.

I had to contact the customer support phone number: [phone number removed] but I didn’t receive any help or any kind of support, it shows that the company has a very poor customer service.

After Verifying the source of discrepancy between your NOA and the tax return that I filed

and comparing the line numbers on my NOA and their corresponding values with those entered into TurboTax.

The discrepancies were in a TurboTax fault because I used the “Auto file my return” to
transfer all my information directly from your CRA My Account, and I expected accuracy which didn't happen.

Turbo Tax reported my NET capital losses of 3,969.00 as a NON capital loss of 3,969.00 which had a big impact on the ending balance.

We are not self-employed and my first issue with Turbo tax started when I choose to use “Turbo tax premier” to file our income tax return but unfortunately the turbo tax blocked me at the final step Saying that I have non capital gain to file and I must upgrade to the turbo tax self-employed. I had to pay for the unnecessary upgrade and for turbo tax mistake for the non-Accuracy auto file

At this stage I am completely disappointed Specially after I compared another Free Online Tax Filing Software Result with turbo tax which is a paid service and it is not cheep and I found a better accuracy in performance with the Free Online Tax Filing Software.

I am requesting a full refund for my payment as I am not satisfied with TurboTax service. Thanks

2 Replies

It has been 2 weeks since I posted my issues with the TurboTax in accuracy, performance and customer service and still no one care to reply and they didn't care to show any attention to their customers.

As you are requesting a refund, please contact our telephone support team.

Thank you