Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
If you experience technical issues while doing your taxes, you can get the latest information in

The Help Center

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

File for my dependent (mother in law)

2 Replies

File for my dependent (mother in law)

In order to claim your mother in law as a dependant on your tax return, she will need to have an approved disability tax credit on file with the Canada Revenue Agency.  For more information about claiming her,  please have a look at the following link, https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-credits-expenses/help/how-do-i-claim-the-canada-c....


New Member

File for my dependent (mother in law)

Thanks for your reply but I have already claimed her as a dependent with caregiver tax credit. What I need to do is file her 2019 tax return. (which is basically zero income and zero tax)


I have used UFILE in the past which creates a pdf tax return file for her to file with CRA but Turbotax did not create the pdf return file.

That's all I'm looking for.