turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed, Approved, But Taxes Not Paid

I'm filing three different returns: One for hubby & me as a couple, one for each of our two kids. We did the kids' returns first. First kid's return seems to have been filed, approved, and money withdrawn for tax payment. The second kid's return was filed and approved. So was ours. But the tax payment has not been withdrawn from our bank account. Filed Kid #2 on 4/5/21. Filed our return on 4/9/21.

FWIW, I've also filed amended returns for both kids (small adjustment) and neither of those amounts have been deposited, either.

Running TurboTax for Mac on Mac OS 11.2.3. Also, in case it matters, I encountered a consistent error at one point -- yes, after Kid #1's return was filed -- where TurboTax wanted to report an error, I tried to do so, and then the program quit and wouldn't restart. I've removed a preferences file and reinstalled TurboTax. Though the program works, every time I start it there's another attempt to send an error report, which I have to NOT send in order to keep TurboTax working.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to check and see what date you selected for the direct debits that have not been posted to the bank accounts. 

You will find your direct debit/direct deposit information on the Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit. This will reflect the date you selected.  If you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted and the date you selected has passed, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ to print/view your tax return you filed this year, you will need to select the select 2020 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets option.

Lastly, if the amended tax returns ended up resulting in a refund the IRS is taking 16 weeks to process those tax returns. You can check the status here: https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to check and see what date you selected for the direct debits that have not been posted to the bank accounts. 

You will find your direct debit/direct deposit information on the Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit. This will reflect the date you selected.  If you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted and the date you selected has passed, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ to print/view your tax return you filed this year, you will need to select the select 2020 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets option.

Lastly, if the amended tax returns ended up resulting in a refund the IRS is taking 16 weeks to process those tax returns. You can check the status here: https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just an update.... the funds for all my filings came out of my accounts this morning, April 21. So it would seem sometimes even 10 business days isn't enough to wait. Must. Be. More. Patient. 🤣

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies