Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
healthymac
Returning Member

How do I reduce my "other income" from an already filed 2019 return on "refile" (-$5000) but the software will not let me enter a -negative amount.

3 Replies

How do I reduce my "other income" from an already filed 2019 return on "refile" (-$5000) but the software will not let me enter a -negative amount.

If you are ReFiling- and need to remove amounts that were added, you will go into your return and delete those amounts- If you entered a T-slip that wasn't supposed to be entered- you will go on the left side of your return and click on "Income" then T-Slips and click on the slip that was entered incorrectly and click on delete and continue. You can't add a negative amount to the software. 

healthymac
Returning Member

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for the reply. The income reported was not on a Tslip. It was listed on line 13000 as "other income". I'm having problems deleting or correcting the amount from $5000 to $0 

You will need to go back to your "personal tax profile" section of your return. Click on edit -Income & work-related expenses. You will scroll down the page until you see "(your name), did you have other income that you have not yet told us about? Such as scholastic, foreign, disability, alimony, child support, death benefits, and Canada workers benefit payments. If you had clicked on Yes- now you will click NO and continue. That should fix your issue on claiming Other Income. 

If you need more assistance feel free to contact customer service.