turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take for my money to clear in direct deposit when they sent it and it was approved yesterday ?

Same with me...deposit date of 2/5 but no deposit. I also bank with Chase

How long does it take for my money to clear in direct deposit when they sent it and it was approved yesterday ?

I’m having the same issue. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you don't have to pay back any fees through your refund, it should arrive within 1-5 business days. If it takes longer than 5 days, contact your bank directly. Remember banks don't usually process on weekends or holidays.

Please view the link below for more information. 

IRS Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have to pay fee to turbo tax from my federal refund check; so are you saying, this is the reason for delay for my refund ?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

It can depend on a few things including your bank and the bank the fees have to be released from depending on when you receive your refund.  Have you tried tracking it at the Where's My Refund Link?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

mare4

Same here. I Still haven't received mine yet and my DD date was set for today. Any change for anyone yet?

On the website it says that if you use your federal return to pay the Refund Processing Fee it will not impact how long your direct deposit takes, but your answer seems to contradict that.  Can you explain?  If I used the Refund Processing Fee how long will it take to appear in my account once it is "sent" by the IRS? 

Just got federal refund credited in my bank

account 

Zahir1010

Re: How long does it take for my money to clear in direct deposit when they sent it and it was approved yesterday ?

Zahir1010

Wells Fargo 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 5 business days for your bank to deposit your tax return into your account. If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your bank for direct deposit. If you don't receive it in after 5 business days, then you should contact your bank. 

WMR states my deposit date was the 5th. I use HR block emerald card. Still haven't received it and called the bank and they don't have any pending deposits. I have had my my emerald card for years and have other direct deposits (not Tex returns) and have no problems. I hope it comes Monday 

I bank with chime. I was supposed to receive my direct deposit on Wednesday the 5th,but it has not shown up either and miraculously no one can give me an answer. I'm 9 kinds of pissed.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS says "Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds," see more by clicking here. Additionally, if you used refund processing (had your fees for TurboTax paid for with your refund), TPG will process that transaction (deduct the TurboTax fees, then transfer the payment to your bank account). If that is the case, you can track that process by clicking here

Chiefkeif

Anyone have any updates?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies