Yes, you can file a separate tax return from your spouse’s tax return. We can certainly guide you to file your start a separate tax return.
Please follow these steps in TurboTax online:
- Select “My Return” and select the option “Start a new return”
- On the new page select the TurboTax Online product that you prefer and click on “Continue”
- For the question, who are you preparing this return for? please click on the option “My spouse/partner and me”
- Fill out your and your wife’s information and click on “Continue”
- Answer the question, what is your marital status? by selecting “Married” or “Living common-law”. Then click on “Continue”
- For the how do you want to prepare your returns together? select “No”
- Fill out your and your wife’s personal information and click on “Continue” to save all the information.
For the TurboTax CD/Download please follow these steps:
- Select the option “Start a new return”, click on the option “EasyStep”
- Continue whit the process until you find the question “What’s your marital status?”
- Select either “Married” or “Living Common Law”. Then an additional field called “How do you want to prepare your return?” will appears
- For the question “Do you want to prepare your returns together?”, select “No”.
- Then select “Continue” and enter all your personal information.
For further information about your spouse's income please visit How do my spouse and I know what our combined net income is if the other person hasn't done their ta...
Thank you for using TurboTax