Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If "where's my refund" says approved and says that my refund would be deposited today but the bar isn't marked "sent" yet, when will it be sent?

I too am having the same problem. The website shows my deposit date today...2/26...but the status bar does not reflect sent....and my refund has not posted to my bank account.

If "where's my refund" says approved and says that my refund would be deposited today but the bar isn't marked "sent" yet, when will it be sent?

I’m having this issue this year. Did you end up gettin it later that day?

What was your outcome? Did you receive it later that day? 

Ok...so I just went into my email account and I do have an email from Intuit that says that says this:

Your refund is on its way

It should be automatically deposited in your account by the next business day.

What’s next:

Tax Products Group (TPG), a TurboTax partner, will process your refund by deducting your TurboTax fees from your federal refund and sending the remainder of your refund to you using the delivery method you chose. If you have already paid, please disregard the information about fees being deducted from your refund.

You can start checking your account tomorrow to see if your deposit has posted. Note: Some financial institutions may take 1 or 2 business days to post your deposit.

This was sent to me 5 hours ago....so it may actually show in account tomorrow...but it is coming...

I have the same issue. It doesn't show on the IRS website that it was sent. But I went on the TPG website and it shows that my refund was recieved through them today and how much was deducted and how much I will be getting. No email from TT as of yet. So hopefully later today or tomorrow. I am over here stressing out about it lol!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 5 business days for your bank to deposit your tax return into your account. If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your bank for direct deposit. If you don't receive it in after 5 business days, then you should contact your bank. 

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here, I called my bank to see if it was even pending with them and they said they didn’t see anything pending either 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Those direct deposits are not always sent early in the day, sometimes, it's late in the day.  The IRS gave you a direct deposit date, but they also gave you a second date that if you haven't received the refund by, then you should contact the bank and if they are not able to help you then you need to contact the IRS.

The reason for this is that some banks can take up to 5 days to post the deposit.   If for some reason the deposit is rejected by the bank, it will be sent back to the IRS and they will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you provided on your return.

Here is information on how you can reach the IRS by phone for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

Is anyone having this problem still?

Says it was going to be deposited today and still nothing 

Ive used the IRS.gov. it says my info doesn't match but my federal return was accepted

I've used the turbo prepaid card. Got it o we 2 weeks ago. My federal taxes were accepted Feb 1

How long on the turbo prepaid turbo card

You are repeating the same answer with No help!

Same here!

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Jennifermcormick27  Sometimes the IRS Where's My Refund? site becomes overwhelmed.  Try checking your refund status using the IRS Refund Hotline, instead: (800) 829-1954.

The IRS typically issues refunds within 21 days.  I see that you said your tax return was accepted February 1st, which means it has been more than 21 days.  In this case, we suggest calling the IRS directly to inquire about your refund.  Go here for steps to reach a live IRS agent when you call.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies