Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lived in Qc moved to On. I only worked in On, I have an R1 for extra taxes taken off. When I enter R1 i get an error unless I change the province of work to Quebec. Help?

When I try to input the R1 in the non-resident part I get an error unless in change the province of work to Quebec, but I never worked in Quebec, only Ontario.  My R1 only has taxes taken off, no income since I only worked in Ontario so I cannot enter the R1 on its own.  How do I proceed?

9 Replies

Lived in Qc moved to On. I only worked in On, I have an R1 for extra taxes taken off. When I enter R1 i get an error unless I change the province of work to Quebec. Help?

If you are not resident in Québec and you received a Relevé 1, do the following:

1.  In your income profile, in the Income and work related expenses section, you will have indicated that you had income from T4 slips.  Directly below this, check the box labeled, "I worked in Québec and received a Relevé 1 slip".

2.  Go to Income > T-slips > T4 Employment income in the Navigation menu, and click Edit on the T4 that has the associated RL-1 slip.

3.  Enter the amount of Québec tax withheld in Box E of the RL-1 in the field labeled, " Québec tax deducted from your Relevé 1 slip  (Non-resident of Québec)".

The answer does not help me I’m my situation at all since none of the scenarios listed apply to me.

@lamoureux3 - please review the revised answer. Thank you

The person had the same issue as me and if you read through the comments,l he was not able to come to a resolution either with the responses provided. Thanks though.

For further assistance, you may want to contact our support team as they will be able to view your screen if needed. Here is how to reach them.  Answer the questions, so it guides you towards the right team.  Apply the drop downs and you will get a phone number specified to your question (ie - support, care):
I want to talk to someone. How do I phone you? - https://bit.ly/2SFUDdG

Hi @TurboTaxLise ,

Would you mind letting us know how to do this on the online free platform please? Assuming it's the same process with T4A and Relevé 2.

Thanks

@tonytail - Please review the link provided below to assist you in entering your T4A & Relevé 2:

Hi @TurboTaxLise,

Thanks for your reply! When following the steps described in the link, there seem to be no location to enter the Relevé 2. This is probably because I am not a Québec Resident. When the income on the T4A/RL-2 was paid I did live in Quebec though, hence why I have this slip.

When going back to the profile section and change my residency to Québec, the instructions provided work perfectly, but that would make me file my taxes in Quebec. Having moved to another province this year and having to file in this new province, I can't find where to enter the Relevé 2. Any idea?

Thanks

@tonytal - Please go to FormsView, as you are using the downloaded version of the software.

• From EasyStep - look top right corner in the blue area - Click on "Forms" - from there look at the bottom of your screen - you will see your name, Forms & Tslips - click on Tslips - from there you will see Federal Slips - Receipts - Quebec Slips. Click on Quebec slips, and you will have the option to enter your Relevé 2 there.
  • To go back to EasyStep - top of screen blue area you will see - New-Open-Save & Easy Step, click on it to bring you back to EasyStep.