English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afranchetto

Is it possible to change income information after taxes have been submitted?

3 Replies
dariak
Level 2

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. Before making any changes to your tax return, you have to wait to receive your Notice of Assessment. Amendments can be made for 10 previous years, so if you are filing this year’s (2020), you can only amend back to 2010.

There are three ways to make amendments to your tax return:

1. through CRA My Account,
  2. ReFile using your tax solution,
  3. or by mail

How Can I Amend My Tax Return?

ayseleren18
Level 6

Thank you for choosing TurboTax,

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) lets you make changes to tax returns submitted in any of the previous 10 calendar years. You can make changes to tax returns you have already filed online or by mail. Changes to your tax return are only allowed in certain situations, and you must include supporting documentation with your request.

Please visit our TurboTax article on How to Change a Tax Return and I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes? to learn how to change your tax return.

arsharora
Level 6

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. The Canada Revenue Agency will only accept one return per tax year. Once you’ve filed your return (mistakes and all), you can’t file a new one. But you can correct the original by way of an adjustment. You must wait until you have received your Notice of Assessment before submitting any adjustment requests. This is important for a couple of reasons. First, an early adjustment request may lead to unnecessary delays in processing time for both the original return and the adjustment. Secondly, CRA may adjust your original return for you. 

For further clarification please check out our blogs: How to Change Your Tax Return AFTER You’ve Filed

and How Can I Amend My Tax Return?

Also check out recent FAQ: I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?

v