turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

geedeb1

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

The IRS gave me the routing number of my federal return and they said back on March 7th, then transferred it to the Green Dot Bank. They in turn are supposed to take out the money I owe for using turbotax. Over a month later, I still don't have my return and when I tried to call the turbotax support, they hung up on me both times after I explained my situation. One even said "hold on while I create the ticket number", then hung up after a few minutes. I feel stranded as there is no other way to reach them and I feel ripped off. Has anyone else experienced this and how do I solve it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

143 Replies

My federal return was sent to TurboTaxe's Green Dot Bank. Two months later I still don't have my refund they owe me and their techs hung up on me twice. What can I do?

Did you by chance use the Refund Processing Service (which is an optional service that allows you to have your fees taken out of your refund instead of paying with your credit or debit card)?

If you selected Refund Processing to pay for TurboTax fees out of your federal refund:

• The IRS will first send the refund to a third party bank who will then send TurboTax a payment and then send the refund to your bank. 
  • You may contact SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com if you need more information.

See TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4233182

geedeb1

The IRS gave me the routing numbers that they transferred it to and it was Green Dot Bank.  Thank you for the replies, I will try those today.

Did you ever find out anything.
ELI3

Same here man I dont even know what to do

@ELI3 wrote:
Same here man I dont even know what to do

I'll tell you how all that works and how to check on things.

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, your funds will first go from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank (or prepaid debit card) in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Less commonly there can be delays at the intermediary bank, and additional ID info, etc. might be required.  If for any reason the second deposit fails (the one that is actually to your bank or card), it will bounce back to SBTPG's bank who will issue you a paper check in the mail.

Once the IRS has released your funds, you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

ELI3

Did you even end up getting it
JPL1
Level 1

I'm curious as to whether anyone else had trouble like that, before I use my TurboTax Green Dot Bank for my taxes this year 2020. 

I feel the same way right now I was approved for advance refund I have a temporary Visa TurboTax card for online and I was still not able to use it they told me that their systems are down

KimmyD79
Returning Member

Turbo in the past and never had as much trouble as I did this year. I paid the same in fees as I would have if I went and had them done then I chose to get the rapid refund advance and the email with the link for the temporary card doesn’t work. It goes to the card site and says sorry I will have to wait until the card arrives. That is false advertisement... it’s ridiculous and now I have spent the entire day trying to get someone to answer the phone and nothing!! Was on hold three separate times equaling 3 hours.

This is extremely disappointing; I wrapped up my taxes and assumed my bank account would carry over like it had in the past.  I should have known better; bad judgment on my end for not double checking.   I think it is pretty awful that TurboTax would assume green dot is something I would want.  

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at 1 (888) 679-8122.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

Here is more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
arianac

@mesquitebean This was exactly what I needed to do. Thanks so much for your help!

a_stahl13

I used that and called the IRS today and they said it was deposited into green dot bank. I've never had this issue and have paid to file my taxes the last 3 years and I've always gotten them earlier than I was dated for. How soon does green dot send them over?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal, don't worry. Sometimes it takes your banking institution a day or two actually process your refund into your account. You can check with your banking institution to see if they have received it. 
If you still do not receive it in a timely manner help with contacting the IRS has been provided below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies