turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Trying to find out the status of my refund and whenever I check it. It keeps saying my information doesn’t match.

The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund if it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed. The best thing and the only thing to do, would be to reach out to the IRS directly. For more information, please see the FAQ link provided below:

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Trying to find out the status of my refund and whenever I check it. It keeps saying my information doesn’t match.

[email address removed]

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@DonLorenzo544

How can we assist you?

delray3

It’s been 2 months I sent registered so know they received it ,but still only says information not correct I know it is.not saying they received it either.Cannot seem to talk to anyone ,frustrating .not sure what to do ,but maybe send again.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We recommend that you contact the IRS when it has been longer than 21 days from acceptance. The IRS asks that you allow 4 weeks for your return to be accepted with paper returns.

Please review the article below.      

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? 

If you need assistance with your tax situation, Taxpayer Advocates are available to help.

Taxpayer Advocate   

I got my state return a few months ago but everytime I try to check my status of my refund he tells me we cannot provide u with any information about ur tax return at this time so I would like to know why it says that and what do I need to do I have received any letters from anyone from the irs 

@Parisj2021 - did you paper file? nothing will appear on WMR until the IRS actually begins processing the return.  THat is a good 4-6 months from the time you paper filed. 

Yes I mailed mine in back in February around the 16th and haven’t heard anything on it I got my state check a few months ago 

@Parisj2021 - check the WMR tool and your transcript. 

I suspect the IRS has the return and there is an issue with it. 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

When I check it all it tells me is it cannot give me any information about my taxes at this time 

Until a paper return is opened and it unput into the system it will not show up on the IRS tool.  Did you mail it in to the correct address for where you live ?  Did you accidentally mail the federal return with the state return ?  

FYI .... mailed in returns are currently taking 8 to 10 months to process if there is no adjustments needed.

all paper returns received in February have begun processing  the ones with no errors have completed processing - per the IRS website. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies