Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries CAN I FIX THAT?

15 Replies
jluter

Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries CAN I FIX THAT?

I have the same error and I am not self employed. In the T4AP box 28 I have reported that this is not the result of fees collected for employment so have no idea why I have this error.

fwil46

I see the same error and does not apply. I have reviewed the entire return with no indications of self-employment. I am unable to netfile without addressing the error but there is no ability to do so it appears. At a loss.

Has there been any fix to this? I've been getting it for the past couple of years, but only on my return and not my spouse's.

I have this error also. Can't get rid of it. Please help.

I'm also getting this error and I'm a student!

I found the error, in My Info > Get Started click off I was self employed

Which tab did you find it under? I am unable to locate it, and each time I think I did, I get the same error.

@PeterKJansen This TurboTax FAQ lists some possible reasons why TurboTax is telling you that you are self-employed: Why is TurboTax telling me I'm self-employed?

mourtadg

the only way to fix that error is to enter a self employment address. I was employed and so I have an entry on box 81 in my T4 but what am I supposed to do about the error?