Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I file the T-3, T-5 & T-5008 that are still sent to me with both my name and my respective children's name in my return?

I had opened joint investment accounts for my children when they were young. Now my children are grown up and paying income taxes.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I file the T-3, T-5 & T-5008 that are still sent to me with both my name and my respective children's name in my return?

T3/T5/T5008 joint investment holders:  Each owner of a joint account is required to report their individual percentage of the total income (interest, dividends, capital gains, return of capital) according to the same ratio as their proportionate contribution of funds to the joint account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

T3/T5/T5008 joint investment holders:  Each owner of a joint account is required to report their individual percentage of the total income (interest, dividends, capital gains, return of capital) according to the same ratio as their proportionate contribution of funds to the joint account.