Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should my CPSO, CFPC, OMA, and CMPA professional dues have been removed from the deductions on on my 2020 return? My return was reassessed and these were removed.

1 Reply

Should my CPSO, CFPC, OMA, and CMPA professional dues have been removed from the deductions on on my 2020 return? My return was reassessed and these were removed.

As per Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): You can claim professional membership dues required to keep a professional status recognized by law. This link provides a CRA explanation for: Annual union, professional, or like dues.

You can ask the CRA directly at 1-800-959-8281 to get a better understanding of why they remove CPSO, CFPC, OMA, and CMPA professional dues in your Notice of Reassessment.

Please visit our TurboTax FAQ: What employment expenses can healthcare professionals claim through TurboTax? to learn more about what employment expenses you can claim and how to claim them.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.