Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czagar79

The system asked me if I wanted to file my taxes with my spouse, or alone.. I clicked together, but I want to file alone.

It won't take me back to that page to change it..  how can I make it right?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The system asked me if I wanted to file my taxes with my spouse, or alone.. I clicked together, but I want to file alone.

Hello,

Once you make that selection, there's no way to go back and change it. You would need to start a new return:

1. From the top, right-hand corner of the screen, click Tools.
  2. Click Return Manager.
  3. Click the Create A New Return button.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello,

Once you make that selection, there's no way to go back and change it. You would need to start a new return:

1. From the top, right-hand corner of the screen, click Tools.
  2. Click Return Manager.
  3. Click the Create A New Return button.

Although this direction is helpful, I prefer the option to go back and change this without starting a new return.

I agree with Rachel!
jlatour

Also in agreement! Plus, I would have preferred not to waste my time dealing with a customer service rep who did not know this, and tried to make me change my answer, to no avail. Very frustrating.

Having the answer is useful, but this lack of flexibility is a major pain. There should be a warning that once this option is selected that there is no going back....poor show Intuit
jamiee99

2 months ago and still NOT fixed???