Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My income tax deducted does not match the auto fill. how do I change it

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There are two manners in which you can delete or make changes to an entry through Auto Fill My return. 

1. When you do an Auto Fill my return: When you try to do an Auto Fill my return from the CRA, after logging into your My Account successfully, you will be taken back to the Turbotax product with a page that lists all the slips that has been Auto Filled from the CRA. You will get the option to view these forms individually or delete a particular form that you think has incorrect numbers. Once you delete the form, you can choose to import the rest of the slips into TurboTax and then re-enter the entire slip you chose to delete.

2. After you have done an Auto Fill my return successfully: Once you have imported all the slips successfully through Auto Fill my return, TurboTax will take you step by step through all the summary sections of the slips that have been imported. You can choose to edit the slip that you wish to change by clicking on the edit button on the summary sections of each slip. For example, if it is a T4 that you wish to change, TurboTax will take you thorugh the T4 Summary page where you will see the list of T4's that is in your return and you can choose to click on 'edit' of that slip to change the number. 

If you are trying to change only one box of the whole slip, I'd recommend the 2nd option.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

There are two manners in which you can delete or make changes to an entry through Auto Fill My return. 

1. When you do an Auto Fill my return: When you try to do an Auto Fill my return from the CRA, after logging into your My Account successfully, you will be taken back to the Turbotax product with a page that lists all the slips that has been Auto Filled from the CRA. You will get the option to view these forms individually or delete a particular form that you think has incorrect numbers. Once you delete the form, you can choose to import the rest of the slips into TurboTax and then re-enter the entire slip you chose to delete.

2. After you have done an Auto Fill my return successfully: Once you have imported all the slips successfully through Auto Fill my return, TurboTax will take you step by step through all the summary sections of the slips that have been imported. You can choose to edit the slip that you wish to change by clicking on the edit button on the summary sections of each slip. For example, if it is a T4 that you wish to change, TurboTax will take you thorugh the T4 Summary page where you will see the list of T4's that is in your return and you can choose to click on 'edit' of that slip to change the number. 

If you are trying to change only one box of the whole slip, I'd recommend the 2nd option.