Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daye1212

I HAVE ONLY ONE DEPENDANT. IN DEPENDANT CREDITS SCREEN, I CANNOT SELECT OR CLICK THE DEPENDANT NAME. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

"I HAVE ONLY ONE DEPENDANT. IN DEPENDANT CREDITS SCREEN, I CANNOT SELECT OR CLICK THE DEPENDANT NAME. HOW CAN I DO THIS?"

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AK11

I HAVE ONLY ONE DEPENDANT. IN DEPENDANT CREDITS SCREEN, I CANNOT SELECT OR CLICK THE DEPENDANT NAME. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

There are two ways you can add dependent info.

1. In Form mode: clicks on the Forms button on the toolbar and you'll be in form mode.  Then click on the Dependant button on the toolbar, the Dependant Information window will display and you can enter the dependant info there.  Once done, you can click on EasyStep button (on the toolbar) to get back to Interview mode.

2. In Interview mode: please check you have added dependant already by going to Dependant screen (on left hand side, click on Introduction->Dependants.  Once you entered dependant info, you would see the dependant name listed in the Dependant Credit screen.  You can click on it to select.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AK11

There are two ways you can add dependent info.

1. In Form mode: clicks on the Forms button on the toolbar and you'll be in form mode.  Then click on the Dependant button on the toolbar, the Dependant Information window will display and you can enter the dependant info there.  Once done, you can click on EasyStep button (on the toolbar) to get back to Interview mode.

2. In Interview mode: please check you have added dependant already by going to Dependant screen (on left hand side, click on Introduction->Dependants.  Once you entered dependant info, you would see the dependant name listed in the Dependant Credit screen.  You can click on it to select.