Solved: TurboTax asks me to enter information about depend...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TurboTax asks me to enter information about dependent which I do not have and never had.

I'm STUCK with TurboTax. I've two kids and they correctly entered in the system - verified it several times.

No problems with reviewing Federal return but upon reviewing my State return software asks me to enter last name of some 3rd dependent which I do not have.

It tells me: California Information Worksheet: Dependent's Last Name-3 must be entered.

I've attached picture which explains situation - I painted out by white my kids names/SSNs. And 3rd line is what TurboTax asks for - pointed by red arrows (I don't have dependent named 'So').

PLEASE HELP or I GIVE UP with TurboTax!!! No other way..

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

TurboTax asks me to enter information about dependent which I do not have and never had.

Unfortunately, we cannot be of assistance here.  This is the Canadian forum.  We are not familiar with your version.  Try www.turbotax.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Unfortunately, we cannot be of assistance here.  This is the Canadian forum.  We are not familiar with your version.  Try www.turbotax.com

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am having the same issue on Canadian software. It keeps asking me to add dependents I do not have and havd never had..and it will not allow me to move onto another page. It keeps highlighting in red fields for children That I don't havd and do not exist. I have spent all day on this return and now this! Very frustrating! !!
Highlighted

Here's the link to the US TurboTax Community: https://ttlc.intuit.com/?home=true

v