Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do to fix the following error - no matter what I put in business address it says I am missing information or using an unacceptable character?

As many before me, it appears that no matter what I put in business address it says I am missing information or using an unacceptable character - neither of which is true and I have tried every possible variation to be sure..... Everything is done except for that.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What do I need to do to fix the following error - no matter what I put in business address it says I am missing information or using an unacceptable character?

Leave the address blank and check to see if there is a box to tick that says use home address.  See if that works.  Some new addresses don't work because of postal changes in postal codes or box addresses, which no longer match prior information.  Addresses in new subdivisions are problematic.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Leave the address blank and check to see if there is a box to tick that says use home address.  See if that works.  Some new addresses don't work because of postal changes in postal codes or box addresses, which no longer match prior information.  Addresses in new subdivisions are problematic.

Thanks for your help!  USER error.  I read the business address number as business number - when I replaced that with the street number everything seems to now be ok.  insert embarrassed smiley here!

We all do it.
johnacs
Returning Member

With Turbo tax 2022 I have the same problem.

After trying all possible combination I called trubro tax help line. 

I spent almost 3 hours with a very pleasant employe, on the end of conversation she told me to start it all-over my return. I did and the same thing happened. I decided that I will mail it in to CRA and Revenu Quebec.

Janos Acs 

I had the same issue as you when trying to file my taxes with turbo tax 2022. No matter what I entered in business address it said I am missing information or using an unacceptable character (Even though I tried every variation combination and entered no unacceptable characters).  To fix this issue I had to go to the T2125 form for my business and enter a MATCHING address in the address field on that form. After that, I went back to fix the issue and the error message stopped appearing.