Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lima88

Can't refile my 2017 return. I get the error msg: "Unable to make changes to return because it has not been electronically submitted to the CRA with NETFILE".

However, I did submit using NETFILE. Why is TurboTax not recognizing this? How would I fix it? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Can't refile my 2017 return. I get the error msg: "Unable to make changes to return because it has not been electronically submitted to the CRA with NETFILE".

What is the status of the return? Is it "Complete" or something else? Have you already gotten you notice of assessment?
lima88

Yes it was filed using NETFILE last year. I received my NOA last year already
aw111

I just experienced this same problem with the same circumstances.  Is there a solution for it?

When you NETFILEd your return in 2017, did you save your return after filing? If you didn't save it at that point, then then the file doesn't know that you have NEFILEd. If you have the .ttbk of that file, you can try changing the extension to .tt17 and see if that shows as NETFILEd.

You can also make changes to your return through the CRA's My Account: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individua...