Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the has the cra not received my 2020 taxes

3 Replies

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. When you’ve successfully transmitted your tax return to the CRA through NETFILE, you receive a NETFILE confirmation number

You can also confirm if your tax return was received by the CRA in your CRA My Account, but it can take up to 48 hours after you file for your My Account to reflect that your return was received.

If you don’t see a NETFILE confirmation number after 48 hours, you haven’t filed your return through NETFILE. In this case, see our FAQ for submitting your tax return to CRA using NETFILE:

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) says it takes about 2 weeks to process returns filed using NetFile, EFile, or Telefile, but they do not start processing returns until mid-February. You can also track your tax returns, if you have used NETFILE to file your tax return, the CRA will issue a NetFile Confirmation Numberafter it does a preliminary check of your return and the return is accepted through NETFILE for processing.  This step usually takes just a few seconds, but it is a CRITICAL step!

Keep the confirmation number the CRA provides you with as you may need it later.

After you receive a confirmation number, the CRA may need to contact you for clarification or to verify some information. Make sure you fill in the telephone number section of your tax return. If the CRA has to contact you, your refund and notice of assessment will be delayed.Once your return has been processed, the CRA will send you a Notice Of Assessment (NOA) in the mail.  If you are registered for email notifications from the CRA, your NOA will no longer be printed and mailed to you.  Instead, a notification will be sent to the email address you provided to CRA and available for you to view in your CRA My Account.

If you do NOT receive a NETFILE confirmation number, then your return was not received by the CRA.

sheronlmp

Hi, I filed my 2020 tax return through Turbo Tax confirmation #119138Q8L07 and CRA states they did not receive my return.

Please explain how I submit my return again or can you send it again for me?

Regards, Sheron Poirier

@sheronlmp Did you get a NETFILE confirmation number? The confirmation number you get from TurboTax is only to confirm that you have paid for your return and doesn't mean that your taxes have been filed. The CRA will send a separate confirmation number when you successfully file your return. 

This FAQ tells you how to find your NETFILE confirmation number.